March 05, 2012

A to Z Video And A Parting Shot



This is my entry for the video contest that serves as an appetiser before the main course of the A-Z challenge.
The blogfest, third year in running demands just two things:

A Prepare 26 posts for 26 consecutive days (except Sundays) based on the 26 alphabets in the English language.
Can be any topic in line with your usual posts or a particular area of interest like music, book, movies, sports, art, science, religion even your photographs, artwork, poetry and flash fiction (anything P.G rated, non racial and inoffensive).

B Comment on as many fellow A-Zers as you can or wish to, at least a dozen a day since there were over 1500 participants last time and may be more this time.

A great way to have fun, get out of the writing rut and make new friends, some of last year's A-Z friends still visit my blog. To join click on this Link on or before 31 March - A-Z Challenge

Now for Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus...I missed it for almost a month.
Fellow Centusians have tolerated my crazy love for mixing challenges/memes...so do bear with me as my centus is based on this first uploaded YouTube video of mine.

For Saturday Centus at Jenny Matlock's blog...any genre, P.G as far as possible, not to exceed 100 words excluding the prompt in bold. Based on the given picture, this time permission to add as many pictures granted.
Check the other adieus there.


She sifted through the growing collection, the idea slowing taking shape.
As she glanced at them, some evoked forgotten memories, some an unplanned smile, some leaving her feeling nostalgic and sad. Their expressions, bright colours, careful outlines were indeed deserving of more curious eyes, inquisitive minds.
It took her all day to choose the final pieces, yet some would not make it to the board. They would be discarded, often without a second thought.
After much chopping and crafting, were ready, each one decked in complimentary accessories.
It was time to create a video out of them and yet…saying goodbye was harder than she thought...








16 comments:

Bikram said...

All the best with it , 26 post in 26 days OH MY GOD I cant even imagine doing that ..

Bikram's

noexcuses said...

I wish I could write for 3 days in a row. I'm lucky to get once a week. Good luck! I love your waterl ladies!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I saw your video on Lee's blog this morning - that is really awesome! So original.

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Rek,

Thanks for officially signing up for my Got Green? Blog O'hop :)

Looking forward to reading your post :)

M Pax said...

Great video, Rek. I liked your little story, too. Your description of the collection is lovely.

anitamombanita said...

Oh, I can relate. As a photographer, I'm forever having to cut cut cut from what I shoot. I liked your original take on the prompt. Nicely done!

Arlee Bird said...

Your video entry was a feast for the eyes and ears--absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
Blogging from A to Z

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

I look forward to watching the video, but well done on producing it. I have to get somewhere where the squirrels run faster to make downloading a video take less than several months. Hopefully Tuesday I will actually get to watch it. All the best.

Tina said...

Hi Reka,
I'm a co-host, so I probably shouldn't say this out loud, but that video is one of my top one videos ;-) LOVED your subtle references to so many things, not the least of which is Harry Potter. I'm a muggle, but every once in a while, a spell works.
Thanks for your great guest post today at the A-Z! It's going to be such an encouragement to so many. It was great that you pointed out to be true to your own blog, and let the challenge fit it, rather than the other way around. I think that point can't be stressed enough. Well that and GO VISIT! I tend to get irritated when people say, "Well, I visited everyone who visited me!" What if everyone said that! There'd be no visiting! Sigh. Not meaning to rant in my first visit to your place...it's just that I got up 24 minutes ago and the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet.
Tina @ Life is Good
Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

Tina said...

OOPS. Just realized that someone else wrote the post...and you made the video. Sigh. You can erase that comment if you like. I won't because it makes me really paranoid when others erase their comments. It's like, "What, don't you like me anymore?"
I think by now I've demonstrated that I shouldn't comment without caffeine...So take the compliments about your video, and then if you haven't read Sheri's guest post, go do that, if you like, and you'll see why I complimented her...
Tina @ Life is Good
Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

Anonymous said...

Neat!

I did the challenge last year...Just don't have the time this year, tho.

Have fun!

anitamombanita said...

Hi Rek, thanks for your kind comments on my Saturday Centus posting and your suggestion re joining the A-Z. It sounds like fun, but just keeping up with Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus and Alphabe-Thursday postings is plenty. I feel sometimes like the blogosphere dominates too much of my life already. Have a wonderful week!

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Rek! A very nice piece of writing and a great video. If I do participate this year, it will be a last minute decision. I'm not sure that I'll be around for a good portion of April. We'll have to see.

Carol Kilgore said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday for Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Unknown said...

Cool video! I'm thinking of doing one too :-)

Jenny said...

This is soooo cool.

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...