November 22, 2011

I Dream About

Being able to say 
what you want to
without the "voice" at the back
reminding, 
someone is sure to get offended.


Putting those words on  paper 
before she says "lights out".
prose or verse doesn't matter 
as long as a part of me, thoughts
and emotions get reflected.


That scene that would make for 
images to come back to,
the vision needed to enable
those pictures speak a thousand words.


These tiny dreams are for everyday
to breathe and sustain.
the bigger ones remain elusive
food, water, clothes; 
the three basics for all.
throw in some shelter, 
a bit of education and some empathy,
sisterhood and peace
to make others dreams come true.





"This post is an entry at Blogjunta Dreams Contest to be judged by Jyoti Arora, author of Dream's Sake"


Added To Gooseberry Goes Poetic

8 comments:

21 Wits said...

Ah you are completely right...Dreams DO come true, they CAN happen to you....your photo to me appears quite dreamy...and who ever does the judging on this writing of yours...should be remarkably touched...as was I!

nutschell said...

Follow your dreams til they become reality! Thanks for your thanksgiving greeting. :) I hope you reach your dreams

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kay said...

Dreams are vital to our existence for they are the bright spring of hope.

Yes, never give up on yourself or your dreams.

Kay

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

true and lovely words,

words are important, thus we must use them wisely,
Smiles.

:)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Even your dreams are unselfish. Blessings to you, Rek!
xoRobyn

J.C. Martin said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway! Very well written and true words. Dreams can come true with a bit of perseverance and a little help from your friends. :)

The Poet said...

Hello.
It's good to believe & hope.
Lovely expressions.
Nice photo. I like your background too.
Thanks for sharing.

I'm here:
Beautiful Woman Of My Heart

I'm also having a celebration of sorts over at my blog. You're welcome to attend. For more information, please click here...

Tina said...

beautiful said and so true in what you say too.

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...