March 26, 2011

A Parody


A 100 or less worded Micro fiction in poetry genre this time around, with a Prompt in bold (not included in the 100 words count) that has to be left intact in the Poem. Sing along with other rhymes at Jenny Matlock's meme...her blog off on my tangent.

I am above average in studies
And I don’t quite worry
Must I proclaim anyway

Nothing you say is making a headway
Often I  seek the outside
Training my thoughts on the roadside

Alas I am not always invisble

Caught by a question unanswerable
Holding my head down in so deplorable
I’m not a chicken
Classmates, don’t be concerned
Kneeling down and 100 long  lines  I can tolerate
Enjoy the show but do calculate
Next is you on the line Dear, Saddened Wilma!!! :P

 This is an  Acrostic Poem - starts with each succeeding letter of the prompt sentence.


Also Added To Umas Poem Book



 (( Wilma Roche (A Goan Catholic) was one of my best friends from 6th-10th grade in my all girls convent school (St.Anne's, Bombay)...
We lost touch after junior college i.e.11th and 12th grade here....
and she had this klutzy habit of breaking my glasses (shortsighted me) atleast once a year !! ))


Jenny Matlock

16 comments:

Judie said...

You wrote about a childhood friend! How sweet! Great take on the prompt.

Susan Anderson said...

I like that your poem told a story. Nice job.

=)

Nonna said...

Good job ! I told a little story with my Centus too !

Wanda Metcalf said...

Oh good golly you get extra points!! great story - check
rhyme - check
spell out I Not A Chicken Wow

Impressed! So this was my first time here at Jenny's Saturday class but don't think I will catch up to the likes of this!! Love it

Terra said...

Way to work that prompt with the first letter of each sentence! That was cool. I like the story too! Well done

Dazee Dreamer said...

wow. well done.

Jo said...

I love that you told a story with your poem! very well done!

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice story and poem!
Well done...

Tgoette said...

Wow, what an unique and interesting approach for the prompt! Way to go that extra mile! Well done!

Celestial Dreamz said...

Very well written. Loved visiting your blog. all the best.

jeff campbell said...

I love the challenge of acrostics...well done...Peace and blessings

Kat said...

What a clever (and difficult!) use of the prompt. Well done! Kat

Gems said...

You tackled the prompt AND made it an acrostic poem....impressive. I am not so brave! Good job:)
Gems xxx

cj Schlottman said...

This is perfect! I love the way you played with the first word of each line - very cool.

Namaste..........cj

Maria said...

Well done! Very clever indeed.

Jenny said...

How did you do this? I really need to try my hand at acrostic poetry...although I suspect I will come nowhere close to your level of expertise.

This was really an excellent use of this difficult prompt.

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...