January 20, 2011

The Mischief I have Been Upto

Time to let out the talker in me...
I don't know about vous people, but I do a lot of blog hopping....
The world is a big fat oyster, how can I be satisfied with a few pearls of (not sure about the) wisdom (part)...
Anyway lets not dilly dally and move on to the Crux of the matter. As said above, I came across this fancy little badge in one of the writer's blog, Green monkey tales, me thinks...Your Badge
I write like

I Write Like by Mémoires, journal softwareAnalyze your writing!



Now being a Gemini and a Bombayite, how on earth could I refrain from checking out new things (and guys, remove your heads from the gutter) ??? 
So the curious, consequently, bad girl in me posted a few short stories (those few hapless souls who do venture and are forced to read would admit, they are shorter than average posts) from her microfiction blog into their track box and waited rather impatiently for the analysis....

Guess what happened each time that almost, well almost...the doctor says she has a pretty strong heart.... gave her a cardiac arrest!!

 Her first attempt at a true sad love story was written in David Foster Wallace style (a guy she has never heard of before, now dead) and whose titles go like Brief Interviews With Hideous Men and The Girl With Curious Hair.

More shock was when her humorous take  on ear piercing was in the style of Stephen King, the famous writer of horror fiction.

 Worse to follow was that her true emotional story on the loss of a close friend was in 

H.P. Lovecraft style. He was a leading twentieth-century American author of supernatural fiction like  Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre, The Definitive : 67 Tales of Horror   



 Last but not the least , her one attempt at a love story and a tale of 3 friends at the mall was in Chuck Palahniuk style, the author of Choke, Snuff and Fight Club, yes, the movie by the same name...in this case the chicken came before the egg I.e. the book came before the movie...


Anyway, what the hell Am I supposed to make of this....I write sad and funny stories like horror novelists or love stories in battle style...

Serves me right, some might say....just like placing your hand on a flame is not the smartest way to learn fires are dangerous things....just like a trying a fag for fun's sake  at 22 and coughing your lungs out and eating 3 bars of dairy milk to get rid of the ash taste wasn't one of the smartest thing to do...guess, some of us never learn and off we go where even vultures don't dare ....they are busy dying out is a different story all together...

This self professed writer is at her wit's end...she doesn't want to drive away her few followers with tales written badly... so does she continue to write as before and dismiss the tool for what it is. a lot of bullshit or stop writing....

In case some among you are wondering if this is a post to get readers for her other blog, please be assured she has other stratagems in place to garner comments traffic namely joining poetry and story meme blogs...he he to my ex hubby who thought I'll never get street smart...
There, my pessimist twin is murmuring already....what? that like other better posts before (in her humble opinion), this too will not be commented upon...

So, before I take my humble leave, the one among you who has time on his hands and bored enough do read and leave a musing back....reward? did I hear, well, I will add you to my blog roll and if you are already there, promise to visit regularly...

3 comments:

Bikramjit said...

he he he he OK DEAL :)
I guess i have lots of time on my hand tooo :) I will surly hop across and read the ones u mentioned and who knows wht i gain :)

and what did u mention trying a fag .. ooh i can rmemeber the one time i tried it did not go well at all :)

and the poor vultures ... all seems to be becoming extinct soon humans will tooo

see i did read all ur article the whole of it :) he he he he

Bikram's

Tomz said...

This is a nice tool. I got also so many writers..like David Foster Wallace, Kurt Vonnegut, Mary Shelly and Daniel Defoe. The funny factor is that when I tried with the same text I got two different authors at different trials..Anyway this is such a nice tool. Thanks for sharing...

Sourav said...

I tried with all my posts too, and I feel like I am not me anymore. I don't want to be any of them! :|

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...