January 29, 2011

An Old Ode To Troubled Times

There I was flying
high above the ocean
with dreams that blinded me,
brighter than the sun I sought to catch..

and then without warning,
my wings, I see no longer ...
I crashed headlong 
broken into a million pieces.

have reached the dead end -
and the noose looms large
to be soon round my thick neck
tightening with the passage of time.

Immunity from pain and joy alike
my wild oats crumbled and scattered
by the wild stormy winds of power
a path of no retreat.

I slink to the corner
taking comfort in the dark
lying awake many nights unseen
nursing hidden wounds to the heart and mind.

The scorching heat of thoughtless minds 
 have melted my protective armour
leaving me unprepared, unprotected
unsure and unwilling.

Good intentions, mistimed
add little to clear my woes.
I whimper soundless and
sometimes a raging torrent.

Desolation, isolation I foresee
is what life has in store for me.


(wrote this 13 years ago...my failure to clear my C.A/C.P.A finals driving me to a state of depression and an immense sense of a failure...)
(It may seem  immature in places...the fault is entirely mine...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you made it this far...would love to hear your take on the words scribbled. A comment every now and then keeps the blues away. :D

Since, crazy Mr. Blogspot won't let me reply to the comments here (is upset with the water ladies ever since they refused to verify visitors)...will do the next best thing, drop in to your blog to say my Vanakkam/Namaste/Salaam/Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...